#100daysofsewing#Day19 : I carefully redrafted my pattern and began cutting out the pieces. I hope to get through most of the construction before bed. I learned a lot today and I feel like I am starting to get a hang of this stuff. One thing interesting that I noticed was that 1" on my measuring tape is larger than 1" on my cutting board and ruler. I was confused why my measurements added up correctly one minute and then the next minute would change up. Keep that in mind if you are new to pattern drafting. 'Twas weird but I figured it out. Now back to sewing!
Zero (Code Geass) tailcoat progress! I fussed a lot last week with sleeves, but I finally persevered and now have a base sleeve pattern I can use for BOTH Joker and Zero.
I switched gears this week to patterning Zero for Katsu - my friends are all working really hard on their Code Geass outfits and I really really want to join them! (go check out @jinxie.cosplay, @adventtraitor_cosplay, and @thegeekyseamstress if you wanna see their work)!!! 💕 I did this pattern in paper based on the coat pattern I already modified for Joker, so hopefully the pencil lines on this paper will be the final shape of the Zero tailcoat.
I leave for a business trip on Friday, so I’m freaking out about time, but I just keep trying to tell myself that I need to stay calm and make progress, instead of losing my head... when I panic, I freeze up and can’t function, so I’m trying really hard to prevent that from happening 🙃